Elevate your shade measurements
Download data sheet (pdf).
The SunEye Extension Kit enables accurate measurements up to 5.4m (~18 feet) above ground level. It consists of a telescoping extension pole with a cradle at the top to hold the SunEye 210. The cradle holds the SunEye secure and protected without obstructing the field of view of the SunEye’s camera lens. Watch a video Part 1. Overview, and more detail in Part 2. Operation.
When using the Extension Kit, SunEye skylines are captured by rotation of the pole combined with audio feedback from the SunEye. The SunEye will automatically correct the measurements for azimuth and tilt using inputs from the on-board sensors.
SunEye Extension Kit Quick Start Guide
Multi-language (PDF) Errata Sheet (English only PDF)
In many site evaluations, it may be difficult to access the exact location of the solar array.
• The roof may be difficult to access
• Access may not be authorized at the time of the evaluation
• The proper safety equipment may not be available
• A new building or solar parking canopy may not be constructed
• Step ladders may not reach high enough and scissors lifts or boom lifts can be expensive and complex
The SunEye Extension kit comes with the following items: a mounting plate, telescoping extension pole, and quick start guide.
To use the SunEye Extension Kit you must have a SunEye 210. The SunEye Extension Kit will not work with a SunEye 100 or 110.