I-V Curves and PV Performance Verification
The PVA-1500HE PV Analyzer Kit is a 1500 volt I-V curve tracer with built-in PV performance modeling and advanced wireless irradiance, temperature and tilt sensing. It provides unprecedented measurement throughput and accuracy and delivers deep insight into the performance of your arrays.
For each string, the PV Analyzer measures the I-V (current vs. voltage) and P-V (power vs. voltage) curves with a single button click. The measured results are compared to the expected performance, taking into account the irradiance and module cell temperature at the time of the I-V measurement. The user interface is via your Windows tablet or laptop (not included), which connects via WiFi to the PVA, and presents a large clear display of your results in the field.
Irradiance, module temperature, and tilt are measured with the SolSensor. The I-V Unit communicates wirelessly to the Solsensor, enhancing safety and allowing freedom of movement during testing. Automated data analysis and reporting save you time.
Measure strings up to 30 Amps. This can be useful for measuring many strings in parallel, for example when harnessing before the combiner box is employed.
Measures High Efficiency Modules
High efficiency modules (e.g. module efficiency > 19%) have high capacitance. This makes measuring them accurately a challenge for I-V curve tracers. And some curve tracers can’t measure them at all. The PV Analyzer line of curve tracers are designed to be able to accurately measure all kinds of strings, including strings with high efficiency modules. The “HE” in the PVA-1500HE stands for “high efficiency”, because it is the only curve tracer capable of measuring high efficiency strings up to a full 30A.
Unprecedented Measurement Throughput
The PV Analyzer is designed to work as hard as you do. Similar to the PVA-1500T, the sweep-to-sweep delays are just 9 seconds (at Voc<1350V). Measure 3.5 MW in less than an hour–even in hot environments where other curve tracers over heat and shut down.
In an example PV system with Voc=1300V, 16 strings per combiner box, 9 seconds between each of the I-V sweeps followed by 5 minutes to move to the next combiner (during which there are no measurements), the PVA-1500HE can run all day long at 75°F (25°C) ambient temperatures and can make 330 measurements at 113°F (45°C) ambient before a longer cool-off period is required (assuming no direct sunlight on the PVA I-V Unit).
Furthermore, the incident-angle-corrected SolSensor is able to make accurate irradiance readings in lower light conditions extending your working window.
Save Time, Reduce Risk, Maximize ROI
I-V curve testing is the preferred method for commissioning, O&M, and troubleshooting of PV arrays because it provides the most complete performance measurement possible. Populations of curves can be analyzed quickly for outliers and data can be archived as a baseline for future reference if performance questions arise. Maximize your ROI–Return On Irradiance!
Included with the PVA-1500HE
SolSensor-300 Wireless PV Reference Sensor (included): Irradiance, module temperature, and tilt readings are captured at the instant the I-V curve is measured. Improves effectiveness of expected performance models. The SolSensor has a range of more than 300 ft and includes a module rail clamp and precision mounting system for POA alignment.
SolSensor Wireless PV Reference Sensor (included): Irradiance, module temperature, and tilt readings are captured at the instant the I-V curve is measured. Improves effectiveness of expected performance models. The SolSensor has a range of more than 300 ft and includes a module rail clamp and precision mounting system for POA alignment.
PVA Test Leads (included): Alligator-clips enable connecting directly to combiner box bus-bars. more…
I-V Data Analysis Tool (included): Excel macro for analysis of populations of curves and data plus report generation. more…
Field Charging Kit Option:
|This field charging kit enables you to charge your I-V unit or SolSensor from solar or from an external battery pack for those extra-long days in the field. Kit includes a 28W folding solar panel, external battery pack capable of re-charging an IV unit or SolSensor twice, and charging cable. more…
2nd Year Warranty Option:
The PVA comes standard with a 1 year limited warranty. This option extends the warranty to 2 years.
- Measures and displays I-V and P-V curves and key parameter values.
- Advanced built-in PV models provide immediate PV performance checking.
- Automates data management, analysis, and reporting.
- High measurement throughput. Sweep-to-sweep delay is 9 seconds (at Voc ≤ 1350V). Measure unlmiited # of I-V curves at 25°C ambient, or 330 I-V curves at 45°C ambient (in example PV system with 1300V Voc, 16 strings per combiner box, and 5 minutes to move to next combiner box. No direct sunlight on I-V unit.)
- Clear, colorful, touch-capable software runs on your tablet or notebook PC, providing rich insight into PV performance.
- Database of more than 70,000 modules, with automatic updates.
- Accurately measures high-efficiency modules and strings.
- Wireless interfaces for faster setup, safer work environment, and freedom of movement during PV troubleshooting.
- Charging/charged LEDs
- In-the-field firmware update ready
- PV voltage: 12-1500 V DC
- PV current: 0-30A DC
- Measurement sweep time: <250 ms
- Voltage accuracy: +/-0.5% +/-0.25V
- Current accuracy: +/-0.5% +/-40ma
- I-V trace points: 100, 500
- Wireless sensor range: >300 ft
- Operating ambient temperature: 0 to 45°C (32 to 113°F)
- Includes transit case
- 1 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Field charging kit
- Extended 2 yr warranty
The PVA-1500HE comes standard with:
- I-V Measurement Unit with soft carrying case
- PVA Software for Windows™
- SolSensor Wireless PV Reference Sensor
- Two sets of 5 ft ruggedized test leads (banana to MC-4 and banana to alligator clips)
- I-V Data Analysis Tool for Microsoft Excel™
- Battery charger (AC adapter)
- Transit case
Shipping: For new products, shipping costs are not included in the published prices, but are quoted separately.
Returns: Orders may be returned within 30 days of purchase with a 10% restocking fee. Returns are not accepted for orders more than 30 days old.
The PV Analyzer requires a Windows laptop or tablet that is not included with a PVA purchase. Minimum requirements and recommendations are given below.
- OS: Windows 7, 8, 10, or 11
- Processor speed: 2 GHz or more
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- Hard drive: 100 MB free space or more
- Screen resolution: at least 1024 x 600
- Bright outdoor readable display
- USB port
- An extended life battery, swappable battery, or external backup battery is convenient for full days of testing (a 4MW system can take 8 hours to measure every string.
- For extreme, hot, or dusty environments we strongly recommend the Panasonic Toughbook or similar.
Systems that do not meet these requirements may not operate correctly.