The Data Analysis Tool (DAT) is an Microsoft Excel™ based tool that automates the analysis of large blocks of PV Analyzer I-V curve measurement data. Results of the analysis are displayed in many different formats. A string table lists the key PV parameters for each string, flags any strings that do not conform to your test limits, and provides a statistical summary of all strings in the array. String I-V curves are combined on common charts at the combiner box level, graphically showing the consistency of the results and identifying any non-typical strings. The tool also provides histograms for each of the PV parameters for the entire string population of the array. The tables and data can be added to a customizable report that can be exported as a PDF.
The Data Analysis Tool (DAT) can be downloaded for free use with any PV Analyzer. Click the link to the left to download.
Requires Microsoft Excel&trade 365 for PVA-600+/1000/1500 version or Excel 2010 or later for PVA-600 version.
New in version 5.2:
- Enables pagination of string data columns in report.
New in version 5.1:
- Fixes bug in checkboxes at top of Table sheet.
New in version 5.0:
- Significant new features and user interfaces, including the following:
- Option to compare string values to combiner averages
- New easy to read table format
- Ability to filter table data based on levels in the array tree
- Ability to select which columns of table data to include in report
- Ability to set limits on table data based on absolute thresholds or % relative to mean
- Option to include module model #(s) and PVA serial number(s)
- Requires Excel 365
New in version 4.6:
- Fixes "compiler" error on launch
New in version 4.5:
- Fixes some graphical issues
New in version 4.4:
- Runs faster
- Data from multiple PVA projects can be merged into a single analysis file and report
- Populations of I-V curves can be normalized in order to highlight differences in curves without the variations from irradiance or temperature
- I-V curves can be translated to STC, average, or other conditions
- You can now assign a custom project title
- Array tree locations for strings are more concise
- I-V plot legends can be turned on/off
- 4th order MPP fit can be turned on/off
- Degradation in performance factor can be modeled based on annual degradation
- Miscellaneous bug fixes