Solmetric’s Compound Angle Tool is a free downloadable tool that simplifies calculations of multiple compound angles in solar energy installations. Set azimuth and tilt of the primary plane (eg. roof) and the secondary plane (eg. modules), relative to the primary plane. The compound angle (azimuth and tilt) will be calculated relative to horizontal (true).
A version that runs on an Android OS based phone is also available from the Android market.
Download Solmetric Compound Angle Tool here.
Note that Microsoft .net Framework is required. It can be downloaded here.
The Compound angle tool is a free downloadable tool to help calculate compound angles for solar energy installations. The following information is provided by the user:
The view can be adjusted to be from the South or 180 degrees as normally done for the Northern Hemisphere, or from the North or 0 degrees, as normally done for the Southern Hemisphere.
Free Download, click link at left.
Minimum system requirements:
• Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP2
• Microsoft .net framework must be installed. It can be downloaded here.
• Processor Speed: 1 GHz minimum
• RAM: 1 GByte minimum, 2 GByte recommended
• Available Disc Space: 200 MB or more.
• MS Edge, Firefox, Chrome
• Display resolution: 1280x1024 or greater. The software will function with lower resolution, such as 1024x800, although there may be some steps required to see all design information.