Solmetric is committed to developing products that serve the solar industry. The focus on this alternative energy market sector is as much for the social good that the products enable as it is for the exciting growth opportunities it presents. In addition to developing products that help improve the environment, like tools that make solar systems and those who install them more effective, Solmetric also follows environmentally and socially responsible guidelines in running its business.
The Solmetric environmental responsibility program includes:
- Company-wide CO2 free operation through the purchase of carbon offset credits for its energy use, including air and car travel, heating, and electricity;
- A philanthropy program in which it donates 1% of products and 1% of personnel time to non-profit organizations;
- The use of post-consumer recycled office paper and packaging;
- The use of sustainably manufactured materials in its products. For example, the enclosure for the SunEye-110 includes Richlite, a rugged material made with recycled paper. The injection molded plastic enclosure for the SunEye-210 includes 21% post-consumer recycled plastic--an achievement that is unique in the world of electronics enclosures, which typically use virgin plastics and a small percentage of process waste regrind.
Solmetric believes that a socially conscious company also must treat its employees fairly. Solmetric's employee programs include:
- A "living wage" compensation package;
- Eligibility for the Solmetric group health plan;
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation plus holiday pay;
- Employees whose roles allow it are encouraged to telecommute at least 1 day per week to reduce car travel and promote work-life balance;
- All employees who have been with the company at least 1 year own Solmetric stock options and/or shares;
- Solmetric only sells common stock to investors. We believe that this is part of treating our employees fairly. In addition to aligning the motivating forces of investors and employees to make the best decisions for the company, this policy also gives employees the opportunity to benefit from our success along with our investors.
Solmetric received a B Impact Score of 95.5 and is now a certified B Corporation. B Corporations are a new type of corporation which uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. B Corporations are unlike traditional responsible businesses because they meet comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards, institutionalize stakeholder interests, and build collective voice through the power of a unifying brand. See www.bcorporation.net
for more information.
If you have any inputs regarding Solmetric's social and environmental policies, please feel free to contact us.