Solmetric is committed to advancing environmental and social causes in the following key business areas:
Products. Solmetric is committed to developing products that serve the solar industry. The focus on this market sector is as much for the social good that the products enable as it is for the exciting growth opportunities it presents. Solmetric develops products that help improve the environment, like tools that make solar systems and those who install them more effective.
Operations. Solmetric follows environmentally and socially responsible guidelines in running its business and was awarded the B-Corp Best for the Environment award in 2013. The Solmetric environmental responsibility program includes:
- Company-wide CO2 free operation through the purchase of carbon offset credits for its energy use, including air and car travel, heating, and electricity;
- A philanthropy program in which it donates products and personnel time to non-profit organizations.
- The use of post-consumer recycled office paper and packaging. For example, PV Analyzer and SolSensor use shock absorbing shipping packaging made from molded 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- The use of sustainably manufactured materials in its products. For example, the injection molded plastic enclosure for the SunEye-210 and SolSensor include 21% post-consumer recycled plastic--an achievement that is unique in the world of electronics enclosures, which typically use virgin plastics and a small percentage of (pre-consumer) process waste regrind. The carrying case for the SunEye-210 is made from 100% (pre-consumer) recycled plastic.
Solmetric believes that a socially conscious company also must treat its employees fairly. Solmetric's employee programs include:
- A living wage compensation package;
- Eligibility for the Solmetric group health and retirement savings plans;
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation plus holiday pay;
- Employees whose roles allow it are encouraged to telecommute at least 1 day per week to reduce car travel and promote work-life balance;
- All employees who have been with the company at least 1 year own Solmetric stock options and/or shares;
If you have any inputs regarding Solmetric's social and environmental policies, please feel free to contact us.